Do You Wash Your Hands Before or After These Activities?
Even if you're not a germophobe, hearing the results of this survey might make you one.
Buzzfeed asked people if they wash their hands before, after, or neither for a bunch of different activities that deserve SOME amount of cleanliness.
And here's what they found. The numbers add up to over 100% a few times because some people wash before AND after . . .
1. Pooping . . . 96% after, 3% before, 3% neither.
2. Cleaning the toilet . . . 96% after, 12% before, 3% neither.
3. Cooking . . . 93% before, 86% after, 3% neither. Don't eat at THEIR houses.
4. Peeing . . . 87% after, 4% before, 12% neither.
5. Taking out the trash . . . 78% after, 1% before, 22% neither.
6. Taking public transportation . . . 61% after, 4% before, 38% neither.
7. Having sex . . . 56% after, 31% before, 42% neither.
8. Putting your hand down your pants and scratching . . . 25% after, 2% before, 40% neither. And 35% say they don't scratch themselves like that.