Americans Spend 11 Hours a Day Consuming Media . . . and Radio Is the Most Common
According to the latest numbers from Nielsen, Americans now spend an average of over 11 hours a day consuming media.
Radio is the most common form of media people take in . . . 92% of people listen to radio in an average week. TV is second, at 88% . . . and smart phones are third, at 79%. Here's how our 11 hours a day break down . . .
1. Live TV, recorded TV, or a device like a Roku, 5.2 hours a day.
2. Using your smart phone, 2.4 hours.
3. Radio, 1.8 hours.
4. Using a tablet, 0.8 hours.
5. Using the computer for non-work purposes, 0.7 hours.
6. Playing video games, 0.2 hours.
7. Watching a DVD or Blu-Ray, 0.1 hours.