Here Are the Most and Least Morally Acceptable Things in 2019
Gallup does a poll every year that asks Americans if they think different things are morally acceptable or not. And they just released this year's results. Here are a bunch of different issues, and where people stand on them in 2019 . . .
1. Using birth control. 92% say it's morally okay.
2. Drinking alcohol. 79% say it's morally okay.
3. Divorce, 77%. That's the highest it's everbeensince the poll launched in 2001. Back then, only 59% said it was okay.
4. Sex before marriage, 71%. Again, the highest it's ever been.
5. Gambling, 68%.
6. Smoking pot, 65%.
7. Being gay, 63%. 67% was the all-time high last year.
8. The death penalty, 60%.
9. Wearing fur, 53%. Down from 60% last year.
10. Abortion, 42%. That one's held pretty steady over the years.
11. Pornography, 37%. Down from 43% last year.
12. Cloning animals, 31%. And only 12% said cloning humans would be okay.
13. Having an affair, only 9% of people think it's morally acceptable.