Did You Know These 10 Songs Were About Celebrities?
Buzzfeed.comhas a list of 18 songs that are about celebrities, and some of them might come as a surprise to you. Here are 10 highlights:
1. "Fix You"by Coldplay. . . It was written by Chris Martin for his then-wife Gwyneth Paltrow after her father died.
2. "California Gurls"by Katy Perry. . . It was a response to Jay-Z and Alicia Keys'song"Empire State of Mind". She wanted there to be a song to represent California. (As if there aren't enough songs about California.)
3. "Don't"by Ed Sheeran. . . It's about Ellie Goulding cheating on him with Niall Horan from One Direction.
4. "The Warning"by Eminem. . . It's a clapback at Mariah Carey's"Obsessed".
5. "Ms. Jackson"by Outkast. . . It was an apology to Erykah Badu and her mother after Erykah and Andre 3000 broke up.
6. "Wedding Bells"by Nick Jonas. . . It's about his ex-girlfriend Miley Cyrus's engagement to Liam Hemsworth. (Now, he could do a follow-up called"Divorce Papers".)
7. You've probably heard this one before,but Kurt Cobain wrote the Nirvana song"Heart-Shaped Box"about Courtney Love and her naughty region.
8. Taylor Swift. . .who's been known to write about celebrities when they're ones she used to date . . . wrote"Better Than Revenge"about Camilla Belle dating her ex Joe Jonas.
9. "Madness"by Muse. . . It's about singer Matt Bellamy's relationship with Kate Hudson. It was inspired by a fight they had.
10. "Boyfriend"by Ashlee Simpson. . . It was aimed at Lindsay Lohan for accusing Ashlee of stealing her then-boyfriend,Wilmer Valderrama. Oh, the early 2000s.
Originally posted on November 8th, 2019