Ten More "Good News" Stories from the Coronavirus Outbreak
Here are ten more good news stories from the outbreak . . .
1. Some cops in San Diego did a welfare check on a 95-year-old guy who lives alone, and he was running low on stuff. So the cops went shoppingfor him, and also picked up Chinese food. Now the video is going viral.
2. A few years ago, a dental groupin Montana accidentally ordered WAY too many facemasks . . . like a million of them. And they still had 700,000 left in storage. So now they're donating them to make sure hospitals don't run out.
3. Budweiser's sports marketing budget this year was $5 million. And yesterday they announcedthey're donating ALL of it to the American Red Cross.
4. Starbucksjust announced they're giving all healthcare workers and first responders FREE COFFEE from now until May 3rd.
5. Here's an easy way to do something nice. There's a new trend called "bear hunts," where you put a teddy bear in your window so kids can walk by and count how many they find. It's based on a popular children's book called"We're Going on a Bear Hunt".
6. A tugboatsailed down the River Thames in London the other day, blasting the song"Always Look on the Bright Side of Life"from Monty Python.
7. Health officials in the U.K. said they needed 250,000 volunteersto help deal with the crisis. And in the first 24 hours, 400,000 people signed up.
8. This is pretty ingenious. The head physician at a hospital in Italy figured out how to turn full-face snorkeling masksinto life-saving ventilators. Now the company that manufactures them is helping out.
10. A student at Berklee School of Musicgot 74 of her friends to perform the Burt Bacharach song,"What the World Needs Now Is Love". They all recorded their parts from home, and the end result is pretty incredible. (Here's the video.)