Every new year the linguistics department at Lake Superior State University in Michigan releases a list of words and phrases they feel should be banned from our vernacular. Their 44th annual list includes words they believe to be obnoxious, overused and otherwise plain terrible. Here's the top 10
1. Wheelhouse. I heard this for the first time a couple of years ago. I wouldn't be sad to see it go
2. Wrap my head around. I find this one to be a low offender. Maybe I'm not around enough confused people.
3. Collusion. Yeah, I could go the rest of my life without hearing this one again.
4. OTUS acronyms like POTUS, FLOTUS, SCOTUS and others. I dislike acronyms very much so I can get behind this
5. Ghosting. Good try, but this one will be around as long as there's texting.
6. Grapple, when it comes to ideas
8. Thought leader. Trust me, I've don't hear this one a lot
9. Yeet, which is a slang term for throwing something. This is the first I've heard of it.
10. Most important election of our time. We won't be losing this one anytime soon I imagine.