Here Is a List of Celebrities That People Lost Respect For
On Reddit, users wrote in which celebrities they've lost all respect for and why. Here are some highlights, in no particular order:
1. Rebel Wilson: "My brother is a D-tier actor in Australia. He said she's the most unpleasant person . . . Makes everyone treat her like an absolute diva. She also body-shamed her body double, who had gained weight in between different shoots."
2. Demi Lovato: "The frozen yogurt place fiasco . . . They wrongly called out a small business to their millions of followers, just because the store had 'sugar-free' products for diabetics, vegans, and those with Celiac disease."
3. Chris Brown: "I can't believe he's still out there making music like nothing happened." (He has a historyof assaulting women, like Rihanna in 2009.)
4. Ellen DeGeneres: "She made Taylor Swift cry and practically bullied her on live TV. She also outed Mariah Carey's pregnancy. Need I go on? She treats her guests like trash."
5. Dr. Phil: "He exploits people. He brought the creator of 'Bum Fights' on the show and kicked him off after showing up dressed as Dr. Phil. The guy said he and Dr. Phil did the exact same thing . . . Phil just hid it better."
6. Chevy Chase: "There are a lot of anecdotal stories of him just being a [D-word]. Still appreciate what he did for TV and film, but he definitely got knocked down a few pegs in my books."
7. Jenny McCarthy: "She's been anti-vax for years, and it's dangerous."
8. Oprah: "She endorsed Dr. Phil and Dr. Oz, who are problematic in their own right."
9. Shia LaBeouf: "As soon as the FKA Twigs story came out . . . which alleged he was abusive and infected her with a sexually transmitted disease . . . I couldn't continue to be a fan."
10. Matt Lauer: "I used to watch NBC every single morning before school for a decade, and then he does something so grossly specific as to have a button under his desk to lock people in."
(See more atBuzzFeed.com.)
Originally posted on January 13th, 2022